Select Comfort - BEWARE: Iffy Mattress, Disgraceful Company Policies--and you’re out $360 if you return it
DISGRACEFUL, GIMMICKY COMPANY POLICIES include:
(1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises.
(2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and can't afford to lose $360 might feel stuck keeping a substandard bed--does the company count on that?
(3) Refusing to let customers return beds to local store (instead charging $180 return fee).
(4) Hiding from customers who received substandard bed (customer service would not give me a manager's email or phone #).
I bought a P6 (about $2900, all told).
Based on a 2-hour store visit and the small sample-mattress (the store didn’t have a P6 floor model when I shopped), I was led to believe I would get a 12-inch deep mattress with adequate padding for comfy side sleeping.
Instead, I got--
- A mattress that’s only 10-11 inches deep.
- Shoulder pain from side sleeping (inadequate padding).
- Tubes sticking out of the mattress, so sheets don’t fit tightly.
I think the company breached our contract by delivering a mattress of lower quality than the company had represented it would be.
I asked the company to “make me whole” (as though the transaction had never occurred)—by refunding the delivery fee, purchase price, and tax and by waiving the return fee.
The Company insisted that I’m still on the hook for the $180 delivery fee and the $180 return fee. The customer service script: “You signed a contract . . . .”
I’ve read some statutes (breach of express and implied warranties) and am thinking about small-claims court if the company doesn't refund both the delivery and return fees.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Quick delivery
What I disliked
- Product the return process and customer service
- Customer service
- Very high-cost mattress
- Product not as represented
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Biggest pile of excrement I ever bought. I paid $2300 for this sleep number turd. I still haven't figured out a number cause it changes every time you change positions...."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "I bought a blue world pool about 3 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with the rail that goes around it . It has rusted completely through all..."
- "I am not happy with the David's Bridal return policy. Recently my friend's wedding was officially canceled. They were suppose to get married back in Feb, but the groom was..."
- "Found a piece of plastic in my panini ..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."