Select Comfort - BEWARE: Iffy Mattress, Disgraceful Company Policies--and you’re out $360 if you return it

(1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises.

(2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and can't afford to lose $360 might feel stuck keeping a substandard bed--does the company count on that?

(3) Refusing to let customers return beds to local store (instead charging $180 return fee).

(4) Hiding from customers who received substandard bed (customer service would not give me a manager's email or phone #).

I bought a P6 (about $2900, all told).

Based on a 2-hour store visit and the small sample-mattress (the store didn’t have a P6 floor model when I shopped), I was led to believe I would get a 12-inch deep mattress with adequate padding for comfy side sleeping.

Instead, I got--

- A mattress that’s only 10-11 inches deep.

- Shoulder pain from side sleeping (inadequate padding).

- Tubes sticking out of the mattress, so sheets don’t fit tightly.

I think the company breached our contract by delivering a mattress of lower quality than the company had represented it would be.

I asked the company to “make me whole” (as though the transaction had never occurred)—by refunding the delivery fee, purchase price, and tax and by waiving the return fee.

The Company insisted that I’m still on the hook for the $180 delivery fee and the $180 return fee. The customer service script: “You signed a contract . . . .”

I’ve read some statutes (breach of express and implied warranties) and am thinking about small-claims court if the company doesn't refund both the delivery and return fees.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Quick delivery
  • What I disliked
    • Product the return process and customer service
    • Customer service

Sleep Number P6 Bed
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #906746

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Select Comfort? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Select Comfort. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Select Comfort.
Filing a new complaint about