Select Comfort - BEWARE: Iffy Mattress, Disgraceful Company Policies--and you’re out $360 if you return it
DISGRACEFUL, GIMMICKY COMPANY POLICIES include:
(1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises.
(2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and can't afford to lose $360 might feel stuck keeping a substandard bed--does the company count on that?
(3) Refusing to let customers return beds to local store (instead charging $180 return fee).
(4) Hiding from customers who received substandard bed (customer service would not give me a manager's email or phone #).
I bought a P6 (about $2900, all told).
Based on a 2-hour store visit and the small sample-mattress (the store didn’t have a P6 floor model when I shopped), I was led to believe I would get a 12-inch deep mattress with adequate padding for comfy side sleeping.
Instead, I got--
- A mattress that’s only 10-11 inches deep.
- Shoulder pain from side sleeping (inadequate padding).
- Tubes sticking out of the mattress, so sheets don’t fit tightly.
I think the company breached our contract by delivering a mattress of lower quality than the company had represented it would be.
I asked the company to “make me whole” (as though the transaction had never occurred)—by refunding the delivery fee, purchase price, and tax and by waiving the return fee.
The Company insisted that I’m still on the hook for the $180 delivery fee and the $180 return fee. The customer service script: “You signed a contract . . . .”
I’ve read some statutes (breach of express and implied warranties) and am thinking about small-claims court if the company doesn't refund both the delivery and return fees.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Quick delivery
What I disliked
- Product the return process and customer service
- Customer service
- Very high-cost mattress
- Product not as represented
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "I have been an Oreo fanatic my entire life. I'm 68 years old. But i was never so disappointed when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "What I thought was a service to find out owners of phone numbers, turned out to be a call complaint website. I went there many times to look up a..."
- "I bought a blue world pool about 3 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with the rail that goes around it . It has rusted completely through all..."
- "I am not happy with the David's Bridal return policy. Recently my friend's wedding was officially canceled. They were suppose to get married back in Feb, but the groom was..."
- "I bought a can of Monster, the new Gronk edition and I found a junk load of little black things at the bottom.They kinda look pepper flakes and mold..."