1.9
Style and Design

DISGRACEFUL, GIMMICKY COMPANY POLICIES include:

(1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises.

(2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and can't afford to lose $360 might feel stuck keeping a substandard bed--does the company count on that?

(3) Refusing to let customers return beds to local store (instead charging $180 return fee).

(4) Hiding from customers who received substandard bed (customer service would not give me a manager's email or phone #).

I bought a P6 (about $2900, all told).

Based on a 2-hour store visit and the small sample-mattress (the store didn’t have a P6 floor model when I shopped), I was led to believe I would get a 12-inch deep mattress with adequate padding for comfy side sleeping.

Instead, I got--

- A mattress that’s only 10-11 inches deep.

- Shoulder pain from side sleeping (inadequate padding).

- Tubes sticking out of the mattress, so sheets don’t fit tightly.

I think the company breached our contract by delivering a mattress of lower quality than the company had represented it would be.

I asked the company to “make me whole” (as though the transaction had never occurred)—by refunding the delivery fee, purchase price, and tax and by waiving the return fee.

The Company insisted that I’m still on the hook for the $180 delivery fee and the $180 return fee. The customer service script: “You signed a contract . . . .”

I’ve read some statutes (breach of express and implied warranties) and am thinking about small-claims court if the company doesn't refund both the delivery and return fees.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of sleep number performance bed from Select Comfort and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $360 and wants Select Comfort to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was product the return process and customer service, poor customer service, very high-cost mattress and product not as represented. Author liked the most quick delivery. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Sears, Montel or Costco. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Select Comfort for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Select Comfort?

Comments